1. Paprika: Used for dry rubs, sauces, coloring agent and as a garnish. Comes in sweet, smoked and hot varieties.
2. Garlic Powder: Used for dry rubs, sauces, and generally any recipe that calls for garlic.
3. Crushed Red Pepper: Used for dry rubs, sauces, and mainly Italian dishes such as sprinkled atop pizza and pasta.
4. Cumin: Used for dry rubs and predominantly in Mexican cooking.
5. Curry Powder: Used in curries, sauces and as a dry rub for chicken.
6. Turmeric: Used as flavor or color in curries, rice, mustard, butters and cheeses.
7. Bay Leaves: Integral for soups and stews.
8. Dried Sumac: Used rubbed into meats and fish, mixed into marinades and sprinkled over salads.
9. Za’atar: Commonly used on breads and dips. Also good when baking chicken or sprinkled onto omelets.
10. Saffron: Good for broths, rice and sauces.
11. Rosemary: Commonly used when cooking meats and potatoes.
12. Cinnamon: Used in baking and curries.
13. Cayenne Pepper: Used across the board to heat up any dish. Can also be used to spice up hot cocoa.
14. Thyme: Used in salads, soups, dips and sauces, stews, and rice dishes.
15. Ginger: Commonly used in Asian cooking such as stir fries but can also be used in baking, teas and desserts.